Saturday, 15 January 2011

Cookbooks.

Here they are! The cookbooks I was talking about. Deceptively Delicious and Double Delicious.  They are both by Jessica Seinfeld.  Everything recipe I have made has been very good. It does take a bit of extra work to make the purees but lets face it...who actually eats 3-5 fruits and veggies a day? Not me.  So why not "hide" some in your food to give you that extra advantage in the healthy department? Bingo!  Let me know if you get one of these book on my recommendation or if you already have one of them.  Also, tell me what you think of the recipes!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting...I will probably instead buy The Sneaky Chef, because of this: http://www.celebitchy.com/8459/jessica_seinfeld_sued/ & this: http://www.celebitchy.com/6800/jessica_seinfeld_busted_plaguarizing_recipes_from_earlier_cookbook/ & the court papers are here: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/seinfeld-wife-sued-over-cookbook (p. 5 & 6 esp. interesting).

    Seinfeld was sued and the case was thrown out, which I think is a shame. She also bought Oprah 20K worth of shoes as a thank you for promoting the book...kinda hard to go up against someone with Seinfeld's money, even when your own book was out first.

    Anyway, I definitely think I'm going to try this stuff out, more for getting myself to eat them first! Hopefully that will translate into my kids not having food issues. Thanks for posting about your project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like the meatball soup and the PB&J muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first one and I love it. I however have only tried one recipe and that's the chicken nuggets. They are just as good as the ones you get frozen and way better for you. Also, I freeze my veggies in tablespoon amounts in ice cube trays, also for my baby food (very clever about the muffin tins in the last post) That way when she first starts eating I can give her one and as he stomach expands I just add to it. Plus just like you, once the trays are frozen, I just put a ton of them in gallon sized bags in the freezer. Then every time I make anything I just choose one and throw a cute or 2 in. They work well in any recipe and it doesn't change the taste at all.

    ReplyDelete