Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Garden.

I have always wanted a garden of my own, the thought of going out to my backyard and picking fresh ingredients for my meals puts a smile on my face.
This is my second attempt at a garden. My first one was mostly successful, that is until I stopped watering it because I was too weak to unhook the hose from the spigot in the front yard and move it to the back yard...I live in a area with extremely hard water.

Back to my first garden thought, it was a summer garden. The harvest included: tomatoes (grape & regular), 4 giant watermelons, 50 okra, and 8 very skinny (&bitter) carrots.

*it also included lettuce but for some reason I can't bring myself to eat lettuce from my garden. It tastes like dirt to me.

Since it is winter time and there are less options I figured it was a good time to start again.
I love the Square Foot Gardening Method.
It is great because you don't have to worry about weeds, or hard dirt, the special mix is the perfect mix for all of your veggies!

This time I planted radishes, cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower.
I can't wait to watch the garden grow!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, for gardening. I know what you mean about the lettuce. Carrots from the garden taste like dirt too.

    ReplyDelete